Source: Seahawks' Bennett has shoulder tear
Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett has been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett has been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
The injury explains why Bennett, who left the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this offseason to join Seattle, received a one-year contract from the Seahawks. The deal is worth $5 million, according to sources.
The 27-year-old Bennett had a career-high nine sacks last season for the Buccaneers, starting all 16 games for the first time in his career.
Originally signed as an undrafted free agent, Bennett has 15 sacks in 50 career games (28 starts).
Bennett dealt with shoulder pain last year, according to a league source, but still played in all 16 of Tampa Bay's games.
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 9 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos