Source: Seahawks' Bennett has shoulder tear
Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett has been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett has been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
The injury explains why Bennett, who left the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this offseason to join Seattle, received a one-year contract from the Seahawks. The deal is worth $5 million, according to sources.
The 27-year-old Bennett had a career-high nine sacks last season for the Buccaneers, starting all 16 games for the first time in his career.
Originally signed as an undrafted free agent, Bennett has 15 sacks in 50 career games (28 starts).
Bennett dealt with shoulder pain last year, according to a league source, but still played in all 16 of Tampa Bay's games.
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos