Source: Seahawks' Bennett has shoulder tear
Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett has been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett has been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
The injury explains why Bennett, who left the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this offseason to join Seattle, received a one-year contract from the Seahawks. The deal is worth $5 million, according to sources.
The 27-year-old Bennett had a career-high nine sacks last season for the Buccaneers, starting all 16 games for the first time in his career.
Originally signed as an undrafted free agent, Bennett has 15 sacks in 50 career games (28 starts).
Bennett dealt with shoulder pain last year, according to a league source, but still played in all 16 of Tampa Bay's games.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos