DT Rogers claims that $440K in jewelry stolen
New York Giants defensive tackle Shaun Rogers allegedly had $440,000 worth of jewelry stolen last weekend while he was staying at a hotel in Miami Beach.
According to a Miami Beach Police report, Rogers told police he had the jewelry taken from his room safe Monday at the Fontainebleau hotel.
Rogers, 34, told police that he and two friends met a woman at Club Liv and that the group and the woman returned to Rogers' hotel room around 7 a.m. Rogers told police that he put his valuables in the room safe but when he woke up around 12:30 p.m., his friends were still in the room but the woman they met from the club was gone.
According to the report, Rogers could not open the safe and hotel security was called to open the safe. After having difficulty unlocking the safe, Rogers found "most of his valuables" missing.
Among the items claimed missing are $100,000 diamond earrings, a $100,000 watch, a $60,000 watch, a $50,000 gold necklace, a $70,000 diamond Cuban necklace and three gold bracelets worth $60,000.
The 6-foot-4, 350-pound Rogers is entering his 13th season in the NFL. After missing all of last season due to a blood clot, he re-signed with the Giants for a one-year deal worth a reported $1.005 million with a signing bonus of $20,000.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos