Saints sign ex-Cowboys LB Butler for 2 years
The New Orleans Saints announced on Thursday the signing of free agent linebacker Victor Butler to a two-year contract.METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans general manager Mickey Loomis says the Saints and free agent linebacker Victor Butler have agreed to terms on a two-year contract.
The 6-foot-2, 245-pound Butler has spent the past four seasons with Dallas, which drafted him in the fourth round in 2009. In New Orleans, he'll rejoin new Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, who held the same position with the Cowboys the past two seasons.
Butler played defensive end at Oregon State and was converted to outside linebacker in Dallas' 3-4 scheme, which the Saints will use this season.
Butler played in 16 games with one start last season. He was credited with 24 tackles, including three sacks, a tackle for a loss, three passes defended and a forced fumble. He also forced a fumble on special teams.
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 26 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 19 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos