Saints sign ex-Cowboys LB Butler for 2 years
The New Orleans Saints announced on Thursday the signing of free agent linebacker Victor Butler to a two-year contract.METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans general manager Mickey Loomis says the Saints and free agent linebacker Victor Butler have agreed to terms on a two-year contract.
The 6-foot-2, 245-pound Butler has spent the past four seasons with Dallas, which drafted him in the fourth round in 2009. In New Orleans, he'll rejoin new Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, who held the same position with the Cowboys the past two seasons.
Butler played defensive end at Oregon State and was converted to outside linebacker in Dallas' 3-4 scheme, which the Saints will use this season.
Butler played in 16 games with one start last season. He was credited with 24 tackles, including three sacks, a tackle for a loss, three passes defended and a forced fumble. He also forced a fumble on special teams.
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
38 min ago