Colts acquire fullback Havili in trade with Eagles
The Indianapolis Colts have acquired fullback Stanley Havili in a trade with Philadelphia in exchange for defensive end Clifton Geathers.INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts have acquired fullback Stanley Havili in a trade with Philadelphia in exchange for defensive end Clifton Geathers.
The 6-foot, 245-pound Havili gives the Colts their first true fullback in years and should help the new offense under first-year coordinator Pep Hamilton.
Havili was Philadelphia's seventh-round draft pick in 2011 and had six rushes for 22 yards and one TD in 15 games with the Eagles. Geathers had five tackles and his first career sack with Indy last season after being promoted from the practice squad to the active roster Oct. 9.
Indy also says Jeff Linkenbach, a restricted free agent, signed his qualifying offer. He has played in all 48 regular-season games since the Colts signed him in 2010.
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 26 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 46 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos