Childress joins Chiefs' staff, reunited with Reid
The Kansas City Chiefs have hired former Vikings coach Brad Childress, reuniting him with Andy Reid.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs have hired former Vikings coach Brad Childress, reuniting him with Andy Reid.
Childress, who spent last season as the offensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns, will be the Chiefs' spread game analyst and work on special projects.
He spent five years as the Minnesota head coach (2006-10), a stint that included two division titles (2008-09). The team was 12-4 in 2009.
Childress previously spent seven seasons (1999-2005) with the Philadelphia Eagles, where he worked with Reid, the new Chiefs head coach. Childress coached the quarterbacks for the first three years and spent the final four as offensive coordinator.
The hire was announced Thursday.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 2 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 33 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
2 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos