Sources: Browns trade QB McCoy to Niners
The Cleveland Browns have agreed to trade quarterback Colt McCoy to the San Francisco 49ers, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
As part of the deal, the Browns also will send their sixth-round pick to the 49ers in exchange for San Francisco's picks in the fifth and seventh rounds.
The trade agreement was reported earlier by CBSSports.com.
McCoy started 21 games for the Browns in three seasons.
The Browns selected McCoy in the third round of the 2010 draft. He played in eight games as a rookie and started 13 in 2011 before his season was ended by a concussion.
McCoy went 6-15 as a starter and threw for 4,388 yards and 21 touchdowns with the Browns.
Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 5 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 50 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 57 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 11 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
11 min ago
- 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
30 min ago
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos