Saints agree to deal with safety Leonhard
Veteran safety Jim Leonhard agreed to terms with the New Orleans Saints on Monday, the team announced.
With the Jets he played for coach Rex Ryan. Now he'll play for Ryan's brother, Rob, who is the Saints' defensive coordinator.
"I got the okay from my agent," Leonhard tweeted Monday. "New year, new opportunity. We are glad to be joining the New Orleans Saints."
He had two interceptions last season for the Broncos, tying a career high, and appeared in all 16 games, making one start. He also returned 15 punts for 89 yards last season.
In 110 career NFL games, he has 344 tackles, 3.5 sacks, eight interceptions and two forced fumbles.
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos