Bengals cut CB Allen; host Dansby on visit
The Bengals have released cornerback Jason Allen, who was injured and played in only four games during his one season with Cincinnati.
CINCINNATI -- The Bengals on Wednesday released cornerback Jason Allen, who was injured and played in only four games during his one season with Cincinnati.
The 31-year-old Dansby led the Dolphins with 134 tackles last season but was let go when Miami signed free-agent linebackers Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler. The Bengals have a need at linebacker, as Manny Lawson signed with the Buffalo Bills this offseason.
Free-agent safety Kerry Rhodes also visited the Bengals earlier this week, according to a source. The 30-year-old Rhodes was released by the Arizona Cardinals this offseason. Chris Crocker, who finished last season as one of the Bengals' starting safeties, is an unrestricted free agent.
Allen, 29, signed with the Bengals as a free agent after playing six years with Miami and Houston. He was the 16th overall pick by Miami in the 2006 draft.
He missed the preseason and the first two games of the season because of an injured thigh. He played in a 38-31 win over Washington, getting a pair of tackles, then was inactive for the next nine games due in part to the thigh injury.
He also missed the final game of the regular season and a first-round playoff loss to Houston.
The Bengals also have expressed an interest in free-agent running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who was released by the New York Giants earlier this offseason, according to a source. Bradshaw rushed for 1,015 yards and six touchdowns last season.
Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 38 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 21 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 58 min ago
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 24 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos