Ex-Cal WR Allen had medical recheck for ankle
Keenan Allen, the No. 1-rated wide receiver on some teams' draft boards, recently returned to Indianapolis for a medical recheck of his right ankle.
ESPN reported Tuesday that Allen was red-flagged for a drug test at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis and was ordered to undergo another test this month, league sources said. Allen's agent, J.T. Johnson, denied that his client had failed any drug test. One source said Allen had suspiciously high levels of water in his system.
However, a letter from the scouting combine said Allen had an April 6 meeting at Methodist Hospital to check his ankle, not to undergo another drug test.
Allen was dealing with knee issues at the combine that prevented him from working out in Indianapolis.
ESPN.com's Mel Kiper Jr. has Allen ranked fourth among prospective receivers and going 40th overall to the Tennessee Titans in his most recent mock draft.
Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter was used in this report.
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 21 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 43 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
22 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
21 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos