Omaha Beef indoor team offers Tebow job
The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it -- and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.
OMAHA, Neb. -- The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it -- and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.
A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract.
Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking.
Tebow went unclaimed on NFL waivers Tuesday.
The Beef's quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.
McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow.
"I think Tim can learn a lot from me," McNear said.
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 5 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 55 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 11 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 16 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 22 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 40 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 31 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 40 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
11 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
16 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos