Forbes poll: Tebow most influential athlete
Recently released quarterback Tim Tebow is the most influential athlete in sports in 2013, according to a Forbes.com survey, the results of which were posted Monday.
Forbes.com, which used Nielsen and E-Poll to conduct the survey to determine which athletes have the most influence among fans in the United States, reported that 29 percent of the respondents found Tebow to be "influential." Forbes.com did not release the number of participants in its survey but, when contacted by ESPN.com, said more than 1,000 people took part in the poll.
Tebow was released by the New York Jets last week after just one season with the team.
Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps finished second in the survey, with 25 percent finding him influential. Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt (23 percent) was third, while New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter (22 percent) was fourth.
NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson finished atop the survey results the past two years.
ESPN.com sports business reporter Darren Rovell contributed to this report.
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos