Ex-Browns GM Heckert joins Broncos' staff
Former Cleveland Browns general manager Tom Heckert is the Denver Broncos' new director of pro personnel.
Heckert replaces Keith Kidd. He'll work closely with executive vice president John Elway and Matt Russell, the Broncos' director of player personnel.
Besides managing the team's pro personnel department, Heckert will be responsible for scouting NFL players and directing the scouting of the Broncos' upcoming opponents.
"With more than 20 years' experience in the NFL, Tom brings a tremendous amount of knowledge and insight to our personnel department," Elway said in a statement. "He has worked in several different capacities for multiple teams, and his diverse background in talent evaluation will be a strong resource for the Broncos."
Heckert is entering his 23rd season in the NFL. He started as a scout for the Miami Dolphins in 1991. Before his three-year stint with the Browns beginning in 2010, Heckert spent nine seasons with Philadelphia, including his final four years (2006-09) as the Eagles' general manager.
Three of those seasons (2006-08) were spent working with Russell, who was a college scout for the Eagles during that time.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 5 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer 9 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos