Chargers LB Ingram tears ACL in practice
Linebacker Melvin Ingram suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament, the San Diego Chargers announced in a statement.
The left knee injury was suffered during the Chargers' organized team activities Tuesday morning.
With Ingram presumably lost for the season, San Diego is bringing in free agent Dwight Freeney on Wednesday for a visit, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
San Diego's new general manager, Tom Telesco, spent the past 15 seasons in Indianapolis, where the Colts drafted Freeney.
Ingram was San Diego's first-round pick in the 2012 draft. He had 41 tackles (21 solo), one forced fumble and one sack for a young, developing linebacking corps.
Ingram thanked Chargers fans for their support in a tweet Wednesday afternoon, writing: "Thanking everyone who said a prayer for me!!! Minor set back for a major come back!!"
ESPN.com's Bill Williamson and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter contributed to this report.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 30 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 9 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 9 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos