Bears, first-round pick G Long agree to deal
The Bears agreed to terms on a four-year deal, plus an option, with 2013 first round draft choice Kyle Long on Friday, the team announced.
With Long now in the fold, the Bears have every member of their 2013 draft class under contract.
Long, an offensive guard, is projected to open the season at right guard for the Bears, despite playing left guard his lone year at Oregon.
The 20th overall selection, Long participated in the Bears' three-day rookie minicamp but is ineligible to attend any of the club's organized team activities or the mandatory veteran minicamp in June due to Oregon being on the quarter system and holding final exams through June 14.
However, Long is expected to remain in contact with the Bears' coaching staff via web-based technology in the coming weeks.
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos