Cowboys' Murray declares self ready to go
After sitting out most of the offseason with a hamstring injury, running back DeMarco Murray has declared himself ready to go as the Dallas Cowboys finished up minicamp Thursday.
Murray missed the first few organized team activities in May because of a slightly strained hamstring, but he's been getting more reps during the Cowboys' mandatory minicamp this week.
"I definitely feel like I'm back to where I need to be," Murray said.
With the Cowboys wanting to run more in 2013, Murray is the key, and he has to stay healthy. A foot injury kept him out of six games last season. He missed three games as a rookie with a fractured ankle.
Murray has led the Cowboys in rushing his first two seasons (897 yards as a rookie, 663 in 2012), but he has had only 325 carries. He knows there is plenty to work on in his game.
"I just need to continue to play hard," Murray said. "I may not do all the work right and may get sloppy here and there, but I need to continue to make plays. Play hard and play free. I can't go out there thinking too much."
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 19 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 46 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 40 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 38 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 58 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos