Report: Bills' Johnson says he had fracture
Buffalo Bills receiver Stevie Johnson told The Buffalo News on Thursday that the back strain that has been bothering this offseason was actually a slight fracture of one of his vertebrae.
Johnson said he suffered the injury in March while filming a video of one of his workout sessions for the team's website.
"It got to the point where, 'It's got to be something more than a strain or something' because every time I sit down it's hurting," Johnson told the newspaper. "Every time I stand up it's hurting. I lay down, it's hurting. I went through rehab and it wasn't helping.
"So I got the MRI, and it was a slight fracture."
Johnson told the newspaper he injured his back doing a power-rope exercise.
The receiver twisted his ankle when the Bills' voluntary workouts began in April. He told the newspaper that he was trying to test out his back and "ended up stepping on a cone."
Johnson, who has led Buffalo in receiving yards in each of the past three seasons, returned to participate in team drills last month.
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 5 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 21 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 26 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 32 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 50 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 41 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 50 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
21 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
26 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos