Ravens' Rice ready to be leader by example
Ray Rice said he'd like to step into a leadership role for the Baltimore Ravens now that longtime team leader Ray Lewis is no longer with the franchise.
Joe Flacco has already been anointed as the Ravens' new team leader by owner Steve Bisciotti when the team received its Super Bowl rings. On Saturday, Rice said he'd like to assist his quarterback with those duties.
Entering his sixth season, the 26-year-old Rice told USA Today Sports that Lewis' mentoring has prepared him to lead by example.
"A leadership role is something I definitely don't mind taking upon now, because I was mentored by one of the greatest leaders probably ever to play the game in Ray Lewis," the Ravens' star running back told USA Today.
"A lot of his leading was by example, and when he spoke, everybody listened because they had that respect for him. So I think being a leader comes with how much respect people have for you. These guys look at the way I work, and they understand that my actions are going to show on the field."
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 30 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 17 min ago
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos