Falcons' Gonzalez wins Good Guy Award
Atlanta Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez has won the 2013 Good Guy Award from the Professional Football Writers of America.
Gonzalez, who has announced he will play one more season after originally planning to retire, has been honored for his professionalism in helping pro football writers do their jobs.
Gonzalez had one of his best seasons at age 36 as the Falcons went 13-3 and won the NFC South. One of the NFL's most popular players, Gonzalez caught a team-high 93 passes for 930 yards and eight touchdowns, earning his 13th Pro Bowl appearance.
He is the first tight end in NFL history with 100 TD catches and also owns career records for the position in receptions (1,242), yards receiving (14,268), TD catches (103), 100-yard games (30) and 1,000-yard seasons (four).
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 28 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 36 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 39 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
32 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos