Report: Broncos center Walton has surgery
Starting Denver Broncos center J.D. Walton underwent surgery on his left ankle Monday and will at least be sidelined until late October, The Denver Post reported Wednesday.
Walton's season ended on Oct. 1 last season when the Broncos placed him on injured reserve with a broken and dislocated left ankle.
Three sources told the Post that Walton's most recent surgery was to replace hardware inserted into his ankle during a surgery to repair last year's injury.
The newspaper reported that the Broncos are optimistic that Walton will be able to return by late October or early in November. However, if he suffers any complications in his rehab from the surgery, he might miss the entire 2013 season.
Walton had missed most of the Broncos' workouts this offseason and had just returned to participate in drills on a limited basis during last week's minicamp.
Before his injury, the 26-year-old Walton had started all 36 games of his career since being selected by the Broncos in the third round of the 2010 draft.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 38 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos