Vikings, ex-Packers LB Bishop agree to deal
Free agent linebacker Desmond Bishop has agreed to terms with the Vikings, according to agent Blake Baratz, becoming the latest in a line of former Packers players to sign with their NFC North rival.
Free agent linebacker Desmond Bishop has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Vikings, according to his agent, becoming the latest in a long line of former Green Bay Packers players to sign with their NFC North rival.
Terms were not immediately available.
The Packers released Bishop last Monday and he began a visit with the Vikings the next day. He also visited the Kansas City Chiefs before making a decision over the weekend.
Bishop missed all of last season because of a torn hamstring muscle but, if healthy, should be one of the Vikings' three starting linebackers.
It's not immediately clear if he will play middle linebacker, where Erin Henderson worked during spring practices, or if he will play Henderson's former position on the outside.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 6 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos