Lions sign safety Hope; release WR Robiskie
The Detroit Lions have signed safety Chris Hope.
The team announced the move Monday along with the release of wide receiver Brian Robiskie.
Hope started 113 of 163 games and had 20 career interceptions over 11 seasons with Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Atlanta. He started in four games last season for the Falcons and played in both of their playoff games.
The Lions likely added Hope, a Pro Bowl player in 2008, because they're not sure safety Louis Delmas can stay healthy enough to be counted on next season.
Robiskie had four receptions for 44 yards and a touchdown in six games with the Lions last season. He caught 39 passes for 441 yards with three touchdowns from 2009 through 2011 in Cleveland.
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 12 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 7 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 54 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
7 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos