Hernandez investigation records impounded
A judge has sealed the investigation documents involving the killing an acquaintance of New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez.
Attleboro District Court magistrate Mark E. Sturdy issued a statement Tuesday saying that all records related to the shooting death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd will be impounded.
"All records of the Attleboro District Court Clerk - Magistrate's Office involving the homicide investigation in the Town of North Attleboro have been impounded by order of the Court," Sturdy's statement said. "No further information is available at this time."
ABC News on Friday reported that authorities were expected to execute an arrest warrant at some point for Hernandez for obstruction of justice, but that has yet to occur.
State police officers and dogs searched Hernandez's home for more than 3.5 hours Saturday. The results of search warrants normally would be unsealed within seven days.
Michael Fee, an attorney for Hernandez, released a statement Monday night that read:
"Over the past week, our client, Aaron Hernandez, has been the subject of a relentless flood of rumors, misinformation, and false reports in the media. These include the repeated publication of a supposedly confirmed report that an arrest warrant had been issued for Aaron, a report that was exposed as untrue.
"None of these false reports come from official sources and we appreciate the professionalism and restraint shown by the Bristol County District Attorney's Office to date with regard to its public statements while its investigation is underway. Out of respect for that ongoing investigation, we will continue to refrain from commenting on its substance."
Jamie Sultan, a longtime Boston criminal defense attorney at Rankin and Sultan, was seen entering Hernandez's house on Tuesday.
A representative at Ropes and Gray, the firm that includes Fee and has been representing Hernandez, confirmed that they are co-counsel along with Rankin and Sultan.
The arrest warrant was prepared last week after police discovered that the security system at Hernandez's home, along with his cellphone, were destroyed, sources told ABC News.
Surveillance video from the neighborhood shows Hernandez with Lloyd and two other people hours before Lloyd was killed last week, sources confirmed to ABC News late Thursday.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes 11 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos