Lions sign ex-Bears defensive end Idonije
The Detroit Lions have signed ex-Chicago Bears defensive end Israel Idonije (ih-DAHN'-uh-jay) to a one-year contract and have released defensive end Freddie Bishop.
The team said Wednesday it isn't releasing terms of its contract with Idonije, a free agent.
Idonije had spent nine seasons with the Bears. He started 11 games last season and finished second on the team in sacks (7.5) behind Julius Peppers (11.5).
Idonije also made 48 tackles (29 solo) and had one forced fumble last season.
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 9 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
4 min ago
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos