Patriots will offer Hernandez jersey exchange
The Patriots are offering anyone with a No. 81 Aaron Hernandez jersey that was purchased at the team's pro shop to exchange it for a free jersey of comparable value, the team announced.
The New England Patriots are offering anyone with an Aaron Hernandez jersey the opportunity to exchange it for a free jersey of comparable value, the team announced.
Earlier this week, Hernandez was charged in the murder of an acquaintance and released by the Patriots.
"We know that children love wearing their Patriots jerseys but may not understand why parents don't want them wearing their Hernandez jerseys anymore," Patriots spokesman Stacey James said in a statement. "We hope this opportunity to exchange those jerseys at the Patriots Pro Shop for another player's jersey will be well received by parents."
The pro shop will be open from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. July 6 and from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. July 7.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos