Sources: Deal for Giants, Cruz before camp
The New York Giants and wide receiver Victor Cruz will have a long-term contract done before the start of training camp, according to team and league sources.
Parameters are in place but remaining details, including contract language, need to be finalized; sources say no obstacles are expected.
Cruz signed his first-round restricted free-agent tender worth $2.879 million earlier this month, after months of stalled negotiations over a long-term extension.
Cruz, 26, is coming off two productive seasons with a total of 168 catches for 2,628 yards and 19 touchdowns. But the two sides have been unable to reach an extension, which had kept him away from any of the team's offseason functions.
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos