49ers ink 1st-round pick Reid to 4-year deal
The San Francisco 49ers have signed first-round pick Eric Reid to a four-year contract.
With Tuesday's announcement, San Francisco has all 11 of its draft picks signed. The former LSU safety actually had tweeted a photo from Instagram of him signing a contract last week.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. The 49ers drafted Reid 18th overall in April.
In 39 games over three seasons with LSU, the 6-foot-1, 213-pound Reid finished with 199 tackles, six interceptions, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, 11 pass breakups and 4.5 tackles for loss. Last season, Reid started all 13 games and tallied 91 tackles, two interceptions, one fumble recovery and seven pass breakups.
The 22-year-old is a native of Baton Rouge, La.
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 19 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos