Nebraska moves to nix Dennard's probation
Nebraska prosecutors are moving to have probation revoked for New England Patriots' defensive back Alfonzo Dennard.
Online court records say an arraignment on the revocation motion is scheduled for July 31.
The 23-year-old Dennard was pulled over in Lincoln, Neb., early Thursday morning and is charged with first-offense drunken driving, refusing a chemical test and a traffic infraction.
It was Dennard's second arrest in 15 months. The former Cornhuskers star hasn't served a 30-day jail sentence for assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest outside a Lincoln bar on April 21, 2012. That term is scheduled to begin next March. He also was sentenced to two years of probation.
His attorney from the 2012 case didn't immediately return a call Tuesday from The Associated Press.
Dennard is required to report to the Patriots on Thursday, July 25, and the Patriots' first open practice is July 26. The team said in a statement last week that it was "extremely disappointed" to learn of his recent arrest and was working to gather more information on the incident.
Information from ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 59 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos