Nebraska moves to nix Dennard's probation
Nebraska prosecutors are moving to have probation revoked for New England Patriots' defensive back Alfonzo Dennard.
Online court records say an arraignment on the revocation motion is scheduled for July 31.
The 23-year-old Dennard was pulled over in Lincoln, Neb., early Thursday morning and is charged with first-offense drunken driving, refusing a chemical test and a traffic infraction.
It was Dennard's second arrest in 15 months. The former Cornhuskers star hasn't served a 30-day jail sentence for assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest outside a Lincoln bar on April 21, 2012. That term is scheduled to begin next March. He also was sentenced to two years of probation.
His attorney from the 2012 case didn't immediately return a call Tuesday from The Associated Press.
Dennard is required to report to the Patriots on Thursday, July 25, and the Patriots' first open practice is July 26. The team said in a statement last week that it was "extremely disappointed" to learn of his recent arrest and was working to gather more information on the incident.
Information from ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 11 min ago
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 54 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos