Niners' Kaepernick has top-selling jersey
The San Francisco 49ers' run to the Super Bowl was good for quarterback Colin Kaepernick, whose jersey was the NFL's best selling.
Quarterbacks finished in four of the top five slots based on sales from April 1-June 30 on NFLShop.com. Seattle Seahawks signal-called Russell Wilson finished second to Kaepernick, followed by Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.
Among just drafted rookies, Manti Te'o's No. 50 San Diego Chargers jersey was the most popular. Tavon Austin, EJ Manuel, Cordarrelle Patterson and Eddie Lacy rounded out the top 5. Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith did not crack the top 5, perhaps suggesting that fans aren't ready to put their Mark Sanchez jerseys in the closet just yet.
Despite losing the Super Bowl, the 49ers are leading the offseason in jersey sales, followed by the Seahawks, the only team whose jersey was completely changed last season with the league's new Nike deal. Rounding out the top five were the Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens and New England Patriots.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 24 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 37 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 40 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 28 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 30 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
14 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
11 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
54 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos