Report: Ravens WR Jones fails conditioning
Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones was placed on the non-football injury list after failing the team's conditioning test for training camp, according to The Baltimore Sun.
Jones finished third on "Dancing With The Stars" this year, but he only missed one week of offseason workouts because of the ABC television series. He is expected to start at wide receiver this season for the defending Super Bowl champions, replacing Anquan Boldin in the lineup.
Jones, a Pro Bowl returner last season, was one of the Ravens' stars in the postseason. He caught a game-saving 70-yard touchdown in the AFC divisional playoff game in Denver. In the Super Bowl, he had a 56-yard touchdown catch and set a Super Bowl record with a 108-yard kickoff return for a touchdown to open the second half.
When Jones returned to the team in late May, he was asked whether he felt in football shape. "Usually, I'm the one walking around here half dead, but that dancing got me in shape," he said. "The only difference is the sun out here. Inside, you're dancing in the air conditioning. It's totally different."
Jones can take the conditioning tests again Tuesday and Wednesday. The Ravens' first full-team practice is Thursday.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 15 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 6 dead, 60+ hurt in NYC gas explosion 2 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region 37 min ago
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- High winds cause power outages in Wilmington
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Crews investigate hazmat situation at Philadelphia hotel
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- High winds cause damage across the region
37 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW...
15 min ago
- 6 dead, 60+ hurt in NYC gas explosion
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos