Romo says he wants to play preseason opener
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo wants to play in Sunday's Hall of Fame Game against the Miami Dolphins.
"If I did play, it would be a series, [so] whether you went eight plays or three plays, I'm not sure how much that is going to affect that," Romo said. "Saying that, I still want to play every time I suit up. Every time I step out there -- your juices are flowing and you want to compete. From that perspective, yeah, but whatever the coaches want."
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Saturday that no official discussions regarding playing time for any of the regulars have happened, and a final decision would be made this week. Romo played one series (13 plays) in the 2010 Hall of Fame Game against Cincinnati.
Garrett said Tuesday that Romo will take part in a limited amount of Tuesday's practice, just so he can get some rest and not because of any issue related to his back surgery.
"We're trying to give some of our more veteran players a little bit of time off throughout camp," Garrett said Tuesday. "This will be a day of those for him. It's a short-yardage, goal-line day for the most of it, so it's a nice bonus day."
Romo did not take any snaps in the offseason because of surgery to remove a cyst from his back in April. He was only cleared for full action in mid-June. The Cowboys are monitoring his throws in practice, but Romo has not missed a day of work and said his back is fine.
"It would be the same if you asked me if there was soreness in my legs," Romo said when asked if his back was sore. "It's just part of being in camp."
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos