Buzz over photo no bother to Packers' Lacy
Eddie Lacy is the first to admit he's always been big. But is he really as big as he looked?
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Eddie Lacy is the first to admit he's always been big. But is he really as big as he looked?
A picture on the Packers' official website showed the Green Bay Packers rookie running back turning back to look for a ball during a recent training camp practice. And it made him look, well, bigger than usual.
The picture went viral and by late Monday, Lacy caught wind of all the fat jokes being made at his expense. Though Lacy declined to reveal his exact weight, he said his coaches have no issue with his weight or conditioning.
"I'm at a weight where I'm comfortable at and the coaching staff feels as though they're comfortable where I'm at," Lacy said after Tuesday's practice, which was his best of camp so far. "So as far as that's concerned, we're all on the same page."
Listed at 5-foot-11 and 230 pounds, Lacy takes pride in his size.
"I'm a power back," he said.
Said coach Mike McCarthy: "If we had any concerns about any of our guys conditioning-wise, they wouldn't be on the field."
That didn't prevent some of his teammates from giving him some good-natured ribbing.
"I definitely made fun of him last night," receiver Randall Cobb said. "I pulled the picture up. We know he's in shape. We know he's good. It's just a bad angle. It's definitely a bad angle."
Rob Demovsky covers the Packers for ESPN.com.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos