Broncos' Rodgers-Cromartie sprains ankle
Denver Broncos cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie suffered a sprained left ankle in practice Wednesday, coach John Fox said.
A team source told ESPN senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen that it is a high ankle sprain.
Rodgers-Cromartie, who signed a one-year, $5 million contract with the Broncos this offseason, was carted off the field during practice after injuring his left leg.
Fox said there was no timetable for the cornerback's return, but he was hopeful he'd be ready to play by Week 1.
"He's done it before, so I'm not overly [concerned]," Fox told reporters. "But any time you miss time, I'm concerned."
ESPN senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen contributed to this report.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos