Broncos' Rodgers-Cromartie sprains ankle
Denver Broncos cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie suffered a sprained left ankle in practice Wednesday, coach John Fox said.
A team source told ESPN senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen that it is a high ankle sprain.
Rodgers-Cromartie, who signed a one-year, $5 million contract with the Broncos this offseason, was carted off the field during practice after injuring his left leg.
Fox said there was no timetable for the cornerback's return, but he was hopeful he'd be ready to play by Week 1.
"He's done it before, so I'm not overly [concerned]," Fox told reporters. "But any time you miss time, I'm concerned."
ESPN senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen contributed to this report.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos