Female NFL official-in-training at Saints camp
A woman who could become the NFL's first female official is training at New Orleans Saints training camp this week.
METAIRIE, La. -- A woman who could become the NFL's first female official is training at New Orleans Saints training camp this week.
Sarah Thomas, who lives near Jackson, Miss., is a former college basketball player who started officiating high school games at age 23 and says she never dreamed then that she could become a candidate to officiate NFL games.
Now 40 years old and with three children, she has been officiating college football in Conference USA since 2007, is a member of the NFL's Officiating Development Program and a finalist to become a permanent NFL official. She arrived at Saints camp on Thursday and will train there Friday and during Saturday's scrimmage.
She has trained at Saints camp in previous years, and Saints coach Sean Payton says she does "a great job."
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 38 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, traps parents in room 24 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
38 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos