Chargers WR Alexander suffers torn ACL
The San Diego Chargers have lost wide receiver Danario Alexander potentially for the season with a torn right ACL, the team announced Tuesday.
Alexander, who has a history of knee injuries, was acquired midway through last season and caught 37 passes for 658 yards and seven touchdowns in the final nine games.
Alexander's injury could help Robert Meachem see more playing time.
Meachem, due a guaranteed $5 million, rarely saw the field after dropping a potential touchdown pass in a 7-6 loss at Cleveland last season.
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 26 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 44 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
21 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos