Browns rookie Mingo (lung) out one week
Cleveland Browns rookie linebacker Barkevious Mingo is expected to miss a week with a bruised lung, according to ESPN Senior NFL Analyst Chris Mortensen.
It's uncertain if Ming, who was released from the hospital Saturday morning, will play in next week's preseason game against the Indianapolis Colts
Mingo, the No. 6 overall pick in April's NFL draft from LSU, was injured in the first half of Cleveland's 24-6 victory over Detroit on Thursday. The team initially said Mingo had a rib injury, but after the game coach Rob Chudzinski said Mingo had been taken to the hospital.
Chudzinski did not know how Mingo was injured, and the Browns gave no other immediate details. The 6-foot-4, 240-pounder jogged to the tunnel with a trainer for treatment after he was injured.
Also, Browns running back Dion Lewis broke his leg and is likely out for the season. Cleveland also lost offensive guard Jason Pinkston, who sustained a severely sprained ankle. He left the stadium in a walking boot and on crutches.
Information from ESPN.com's Jamison Hensley and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 2 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 33 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
2 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos