Titans safety Pollard hit with fine of $10K
The NFL has fined Tennessee Titans safety Bernard Pollard $10,000 for a late hit out of bounds, an NFL spokesman told NFL.com.
"For me as a defender, I am going to make the hit," Pollard told the Tennessean earlier this week. "I am going to hit you. There have been times I have been late and there have been times when I've had solid hits but for me, I can't worry about whether the league is going to fine me or not."
Pollard, 28, had 98 tackles and one interception last season for the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens.
Information from ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky was used in this report.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 2 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 32 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 11 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos