Titans safety Pollard hit with fine of $10K
The NFL has fined Tennessee Titans safety Bernard Pollard $10,000 for a late hit out of bounds, an NFL spokesman told NFL.com.
"For me as a defender, I am going to make the hit," Pollard told the Tennessean earlier this week. "I am going to hit you. There have been times I have been late and there have been times when I've had solid hits but for me, I can't worry about whether the league is going to fine me or not."
Pollard, 28, had 98 tackles and one interception last season for the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens.
Information from ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky was used in this report.
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos