Source: Falcons' White likely out until opener
Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White has a minor ankle sprain and it will likely prevent him from playing again this preseason, according to a source familiar with injury.
If this were the regular season, White would play, the source said. But the Falcons do not want to push him before he's ready in the preseason.
White, 31, suffered the injury in the Falcons' 27-23 loss to Baltimore on Thursday night.
The nine-year veteran has had six consecutive 1,000-yard receiving seasons and is a key piece in Atlanta's passing game, one of the NFL's most potent.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos