Source: Falcons' White likely out until opener
Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White has a minor ankle sprain and it will likely prevent him from playing again this preseason, according to a source familiar with injury.
If this were the regular season, White would play, the source said. But the Falcons do not want to push him before he's ready in the preseason.
White, 31, suffered the injury in the Falcons' 27-23 loss to Baltimore on Thursday night.
The nine-year veteran has had six consecutive 1,000-yard receiving seasons and is a key piece in Atlanta's passing game, one of the NFL's most potent.
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos