Source: Browns' Mingo unlikely for Week 1
Cleveland Browns linebacker Barkevious Mingo is unlikely to play in the team's regular-season opener against the Miami Dolphins on Sept. 8 because of his bruised lung, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Cleveland Browns rookie linebacker Barkevious Mingo is unlikely to play in the team's regular-season opener against the Miami Dolphins on Sept. 8 because of his bruised lung, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
The Browns, however, believe Mingo, the sixth overall pick in April's NFL draft, should be able to return in Week 2 against the Baltimore Ravens.
The Browns have scheduled a CT scan for Mingo on Monday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder. The test should help the team make a determination on his status for Week 1.
The Browns said Mingo worked out with weights Wednesday. He hasn't practiced since bruising his lung Aug. 15 against Detroit and being hospitalized for two days.
The 6-foot-4, 240-pound Mingo has said he spat up blood on the sideline and experienced shortness of breath during the game against the Lions. He believes the injury occurred on the opening kick.
Mingo did some running Tuesday, when coach Rob Chudzinski said there was no timetable on the linebacker's return.
Chudzinski said the Browns have ruled out placing Mingo on the short-term injured reserve list, which would sideline him for half the season.
ESPN NFL Insiders Adam Schefter and Ed Werder contributed to this report. Information from The Associated Press also was used.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos