Revis has message for Sherman: 'Earn it'
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Darrelle Revis has a message for the Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman, who previously declared himself the best cornerback in the NFL.
"You can't crown yourself as anything in this league," Revis told USA Today Sports. "You've got to earn it."
Revis widely had been considered the league's top cornerback in recent years. But he suffered a season-ending injury while playing for the New York Jets last year.
As Revis was rehabbing and before being traded to the Buccaneers, he and Sherman had a public battle for supremacy on Twitter.
"He needs to quit attaching his career to my career," Revis said. "A lot of people need to have respect for this game. I'm not just talking about him. Respect what people have done to pave the way. Deion [Sanders] paved the way. Rod Woodson paved the way. Darrell Green. Mel Blount. Champ Bailey. Charles Woodson. Yeah, we're the next group, but you don't need to be getting into it with me.
"At the end of the day, this is a fraternity. We're all in this together, competing. But you don't have to shoot nobody else down."
The Buccaneers play the Seahawks on Nov. 3 in Seattle.
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 42 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 5 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 47 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 6 min ago
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos