Packers' Crosby agrees to $1.6M pay cut
Green Bay Packers kicker Mason Crosby agreed to restructure his contract, his agent Mike McCartney confirmed to ESPN.com.
That makes it likely Crosby will be the Packers' Week 1 kicker. He is currently the only kicker on the roster after the Packers released two other kickers, Giorgio Tavecchio and Zach Ramirez, this week.
Crosby's decision to accept a pay cut was first reported by Yahoo! Sports.
While the deal gives the Packers safeguards in case Crosby continues to struggle, it also allows him to earn back his full pay.
Crosby, who made a league-low 63.6 percent of his field goals in 2012, is 4-for-4 on field goals this preseason.
"Mason had zero interest in leaving the Packers," McCartney told ESPN.com. "He is really confident that last year is behind him."
According to an NFL source, the contract lowered Crosby's base salary for this season from $2.4 million to $800,000. However, Crosby can make up the difference based on roster bonuses and incentives. If Crosby is on the Packers' roster in Weeks 5 and 10, he will receive $400,000 bonuses each time. He could earn an additional $800,000 in incentives -- $200,000 if he makes 75 percent of his field goals, $400,000 if he makes 80 percent and the entire $800,000 if he makes 85 percent.
Crosby signed a five-year, $14.75 million contract shortly before the 2011 season. He has made 76.8 percent of his career field goals. His best season was in 2011, when he made 85.7 percent.
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting 2 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 44 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 8 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Sunny, blustery winds today
56 min ago
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
44 min ago
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos