Bucs coach: Revis ready to play in Week 1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano expects star cornerback Darrelle Revis, recovering from a torn ACL, to play in the season opener against the New York Jets on Sept. 8.
Revis, who was traded by the Jets to the Buccaneers just before April's draft for the 13th overall pick and a conditional third-rounder in 2014, did not take a snap in four preseason games.
Schiano on Friday pronounced Revis ready for the opener, barring an unforeseen setback.
"Yeah, like I've said all along … as long as there are no setbacks, that's the plan," Schiano told the Tampa Times.
Revis, who has been practicing without a knee brace, also is preparing for Week 1.
"I think I'm just going to try to be myself and prepare like I do for every week," he told the paper recently. "But I think the big moment will be going there and right before game time, and being there, and running out of the tunnel and all that kind of thing. That will be totally different."
A four-time Pro Bowler widely considered the best player at his position before getting injured, Revis has registered 19 interceptions in 79 career games.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 41 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 34 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 36 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
32 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
21 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
36 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos