Saints place Vilma on short-term IR
The New Orleans Saints plan to place linebacker Jonathan Vilma on injured reserve-designated to return, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Vilma, 31, underwent knee surgery in August, and has had numerous surgeries on his left knee during the past two seasons. He missed five games in 2011 and started last season on the physically unable to perform list.
Tuesday marked the first day teams could use the short-term IR designation on a player. Vilma would be able to return to practice after Week 6 and get back on the field after Week 8.
Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter was used in this report.
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 27 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 27 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death 32 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 4 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 36 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos