Giants' Jenkins: Jones should clean glasses
Flopgate raged on at the New York Giants' team facility Thursday as defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins spoke for the first time since Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones accused him of faking an injury in Sunday's season opener.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- "Flopgate" raged on at the New York Giants' team facility Thursday as defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins spoke publicly on the subject for the first time since Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones accused him of faking an injury during Sunday's season opener.
"Maybe he should get his son-in-law to clean his glasses a little better," Jenkins said of Jones, referring to a infamous in-game video clip of Jones and his glasses-wiping son-in-law.
"I don't know what he saw if he thinks I was faking."
Jenkins said he injured his left shoulder on the play and went to the sideline to get treatment. Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo and tight end Jason Witten complained that he was faking it to slow Dallas' offense at a key point in the game.
Jenkins, who returned to the game and was never announced by the team as having an injury, insists he was hurt and didn't appreciate Jones saying he was so obviously faking that it was funny.
"I guess at his age I'm just glad he still has a sense of humor," Jenkins said. "They got the win, so they got the last laugh."
An NFL spokesman said earlier this week that the league had not received an official complaint from the Cowboys regarding the Giants allegedly faking injuries, and the league's official statement on the matter was, "We see no basis at this time for taking action."
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 24 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 17 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos