Broncos' Bailey out for 2nd straight game
Cornerback Champ Bailey will miss his second consecutive game Sunday when the Denver Broncos face the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium.
Bailey, who has not practiced since injuring his left foot in an Aug. 17 preseason loss in Seattle, was formally ruled out on Friday.
"No setback," Broncos coach John Fox said after practice. "He's on schedule, he's making great progress, and he's being watched over by our medical staff, and he's getting closer."
Bailey said last week he felt he was "very close" to being ready to play, and Friday he jogged off the field after taking part in the team stretch at the beginning of practice. Bailey then worked with the strength coaches.
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is expected to start in Bailey's left cornerback spot. Rodgers-Cromartie started there for the season opener against the Ravens and was targeted just once by Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
49 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos