Broncos' Bailey out for 2nd straight game
Cornerback Champ Bailey will miss his second consecutive game Sunday when the Denver Broncos face the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium.
Bailey, who has not practiced since injuring his left foot in an Aug. 17 preseason loss in Seattle, was formally ruled out on Friday.
"No setback," Broncos coach John Fox said after practice. "He's on schedule, he's making great progress, and he's being watched over by our medical staff, and he's getting closer."
Bailey said last week he felt he was "very close" to being ready to play, and Friday he jogged off the field after taking part in the team stretch at the beginning of practice. Bailey then worked with the strength coaches.
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is expected to start in Bailey's left cornerback spot. Rodgers-Cromartie started there for the season opener against the Ravens and was targeted just once by Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco.
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 38 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 57 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos