Raiders sign FB Reece to 3-year extension
The Oakland Raiders announced Friday afternoon they signed Pro Bowl fullback Marcel Reece to a three-year contract extension. Details of the deal were not released.
"It's a big step, another big step to being a Raider for life," Reece said as he exited the players' lot at the team facility. "Just looking forward to the next few years of continuing to be a part of Raider Nation.
"It wasn't necessarily quick," he said of negotiations. "I've just been trying to relax and play football, and one thing I told my agent, Joel Segal, is, 'You do your thing, with whoever you need to do it with. I'm going to focus on football and being a Raider.'"
Reece, a former undrafted wide receiver who was on the Raiders' practice squad in 2008 and '09, became a regular at fullback in 2010, and his skill set makes him a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses.
Reece has played in 47 games in his career, with 31 starts, and has 505 rushing yards and a touchdown on 106 carries. He also has 107 catches for 1,159 yards and six scores.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos