Oct. 15 trial for alleged Sean Taylor shooter
An Oct. 15 trial date has been set for the alleged shooter in the 2007 slaying of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor.
MIAMI -- An Oct. 15 trial date has been set for the alleged shooter in the 2007 slaying of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor.
The trial of 23-year-old Eric Rivera Jr. has been delayed numerous times, in part because Rivera has had several lawyers. The latest September trial date was postponed because of scheduling conflicts.
Police say Taylor was fatally shot at his home near Miami during a botched robbery. Rivera and four others from the Fort Myers area were charged. One has pleaded guilty to murder and burglary charges.
Rivera and the others pleaded not guilty and are being tried separately. Each faces a possible life sentence if convicted.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 10 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 23 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 26 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 14 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 16 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
1 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
40 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos