Oct. 15 trial for alleged Sean Taylor shooter
An Oct. 15 trial date has been set for the alleged shooter in the 2007 slaying of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor.
MIAMI -- An Oct. 15 trial date has been set for the alleged shooter in the 2007 slaying of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor.
The trial of 23-year-old Eric Rivera Jr. has been delayed numerous times, in part because Rivera has had several lawyers. The latest September trial date was postponed because of scheduling conflicts.
Police say Taylor was fatally shot at his home near Miami during a botched robbery. Rivera and four others from the Fort Myers area were charged. One has pleaded guilty to murder and burglary charges.
Rivera and the others pleaded not guilty and are being tried separately. Each faces a possible life sentence if convicted.
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 9 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 16 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
9 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
16 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos