Texans' Johnson cleared to play this week
Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson has been fully cleared to play Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens. The Texans listed him as probable on the injury report.
"All indications are he's onto the weekend, so we're good," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said.
Kubiak said Johnson practiced in pads with the team Thursday, as expected. The 32-year-old receiver suffered a concussion late in the fourth quarter against the Tennessee Titans after a hit by Titans safety Bernard Pollard, who was fined $42,000 for the hit, which did not draw a penalty.
Johnson said his vision got blurry once his head hit the ground after being tackled by Titans cornerback Jason McCourty and Pollard.
As Johnson sees it, that fine might never have even happened had his head not hit the ground and caused concussion symptoms.
"I really didn't see a big deal with it," Johnson said of Pollard's hit. "It was a hit and that's what he gets paid to do. The ball is in the air, I'm going for it to catch a pass and he did what he's supposed to do. He's trying to knock it loose."
Johnson had eight catches for 76 yards in the Texans' 30-24 overtime win prior to his injury.
"Today's the last hurdle from my understanding," Kubiak said. "You see the NFL's doctor one more time and then you're back, so hopefully that takes place in the next 24 hours."
With Johnson out Sunday, Texans rookie DeAndre Hopkins took a starring role in Houston's offense. Hopkins finished the game with seven catches for 117 yards, five yards shy of Johnson's franchise rookie record.
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 36 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos