Sproles: Bucs' Goldson was trying to hurt him
Darren Sproles says Tampa Bay's Dashon Goldson delivered a dirty hit when the defensive back was penalized for a blow to the Saints' running back's head.
Sproles has watched replays of the hit and says Goldson has a history of delivering "dirty" hits.
"He tried to hurt me on the play, but he didn't," Sproles said.
Goldson was fined $100,000 for the personal foul, which was called on an incomplete pass over the middle.
Goldson also was initially suspended for a game, then reinstated on appeal. He has said he's an aggressive player, but never intends to hurt anybody.
As for Goldson's suspension being lifted, Sproles says he tries not to worry about things that are out of his control.
The Saints play Arizona on Sunday.
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 8 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos