Pats' Gronkowski upgraded to questionable
New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is officially questionable for Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, which is an upgrade from his injury status the first two weeks of the season.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is officially questionable for Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, which is an upgrade from his injury status the first two weeks of the season.
A questionable designation reflects a 50-50 chance to play, which is what ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder reported earlier in the week. Gronkowski, who is recovering from forearm and back surgeries this offseason, had been listed as doubtful on the final injury report of the week leading into the season opener against the Buffalo Bills on Sept. 8 and again for the Sept. 12 Thursday night game against the New York Jets. He didn't play in either game.
While Gronkowski has been upgraded on the injury report this week, he has still been limited in practice all week.
Receiver Danny Amendola (groin) is doubtful, which means at least a 75 percent chance that he will not play. Amendola has been present at the start of practice all week but has been limited in his work.
The Patriots have six players who are questionable. In addition to Gronkowski, reserve running back Brandon Bolden (knee), starting right guard Dan Connolly (finger), special teamer Nate Ebner (ankle), reserve tackle/guard Will Svitek (knee) and running back Leon Washington (thigh) are all questionable.
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 9 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 21 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 6 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 26 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos