Buccaneers release former phenom Hillis
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers released running back Peyton Hillis on Saturday, the team confirmed Saturday.
Hillis, who had signed with the Bucs prior to training camp, burst onto the national scene with the Cleveland Browns after rushing for 1,177 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2010.
The running back hadn't seen any action this season. The Bucs have an open roster spot heading into Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos